1. Patrons must register at the front desk and present identification to use
2. All Archives materials are a closed collection. Patrons may not enter or browse the collections vault.
3. Only 2 items (boxes, folders, binders, books, microfilm reels, artifacts) per patron may be recalled from the vault at a time. Materials listed in the Archives database are not guaranteed to be available or in an accessible condition.
4. Personal property (briefcases, bags, purses, notebooks, binders, coats) are not permitted at the reading table or in the microfilm room. Personal items may be stored in the lockers or on a holding cart if requested.
5. Materials MUST be handled with care. They MUST NOT be written on, altered, leaned on, folded anew, traced, or weighted. Gloves will be issued to patrons handling fragile materials. Patrons MUST wash hands w/ soap and water prior to handling.
6. ONLY pencils may be used for research. NO PENS. Laptops are permitted. Electrical outlets are located under the main reading table.
7. The Archives is a public research environment. Cell phone use, tobacco, food, gum, and beverages are NOT permitted.
8. All materials are the property of the Archives. Patrons may request copies of materials. The Archives staff will determine whether or not materials can be safely or legally reproduced.
9. The patron assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of copyright, right-to-privacy, literary property rights, libel, and any other applicable federal or state statutes.